Thursday, March 13, 2014

thursday things that made me think

so last week my shrink told me i think too much.

sigh.

and you know what that made me do?

it made me think about how much i think!

my friend chelsea suggested that perhaps i just have too much time on my hands.

and guess what.

i THINK she might be right. ha!

but in all seriousness, it's become painfully obvious to me in recent months that i am different from most people. i do think too much. i believe my therapist is trustworthy when he says i ponder things more deeply than the average person. the ironic thing about that is that all this time, all these years, i didn't think i was thinking enough. i thought everyone else was thinking about things way more than i was. i faulted myself for not taking particular stances or positions or sides on topics like many of my friends did when, truthfully, i was expending more brain energy on thinking about how i wasn't formulating opinions than they were on actually formulating opinions.

welcome to my brain.


so here are my favorite thought-provoking finds from around the web this week...

i think THIS would be a super cute and super easy breakfast, lunch or dinner for st. patty's day!

i think THIS idea to clear out forty bags of house clutter during the forty days of lent is inspiring.

i think i'm probably one of THESE. are you?

and THIS just tore my heart out and made me think about how blissfully unaware i am and how i need to start learning some names!


happy thursday!


1 comment:

Judith Lloy said...

I know what you are talking about. I've been told the same thing many times, though not by a shrink yet, but that's probably only because I've avoided seeing one.

And I took the sensitivity test. Haha! I ticked off all but one, the one about caffine, but that might only be because I love my coffee and don't want to give it up. So yes, I'm an oversensitive person and I over think everything. Yay me! No wonder my stress levels are exploding!