Wednesday, January 7, 2009

i wish i was sleeping beauty

i am one extremely tired girl.  tiiiiirrred.  painfully tired.  literally.  

the unfortunate thing is that this kind of tiredness leads to crabbiness and short-temperedness.

and, maybe worse, just a generally BLAH attitude about life.  a lack-luster sort of state-of-being. 

definitely not a good thing.  

definitely not my normal self.

i'm longing for a respite.  a massage.  a really long hot shower.  a dark room and a heavy down comforter that envelopes me.  eight hours of uninterrupted sleep. 

and the ability to get through just one cup of coffee without having to reheat it.  

until then, i just keep telling myself that my prince charming will be home soon to help share the load.  in my dreams, though, prince charming's kiss would put me to sleep...instead of waking me up.


3 comments:

Dalene said...

Oh Rachel!

I remember those days! I know it doesn't help to hear that it will get better...someday. But what about getting through today? It's pretty difficult to live in a constant state of sleep deprivation. I think that's why they use it for military torture!

Oh, the fantasies of just getting a solid 8 hours!!! In my opinion, lack of sleep is the hardest part of being a mommy of a baby...especially with a toddler who needs your attention.

So here's to the sweet dream of sweet dreams.

Courtney said...

So sorry. I hear you though. Sleep is my worse enemy. I HAVE to have it. I can't even control myself (at all) when I don't have it. It's like my antivenom. I become a crazy freak.

I hope you get some rest. Are you pumping so Jer can give him a bottle and let you rest all night?

Christy said...

Not that it helps but...

I'm sooooo right there with ya honey.

Ugh.