Tuesday, August 19, 2008

retail therapy

today was a very rough day in the white house.  no details necessary. first, i'd rather not bore you.  second, i'd rather not relive all that's taken place - even if it is just through memory.  and, third, in the grand scheme of things, my little old day is not that big of a deal.  so, i'll not complain.  

what i will do is tell you that all the "roughness" caused me to do something a bit extreme.  

i bought a new trash can.

that cost $69.99. 

(if you know me well - actually, if you know my husband well - you can hear jer screaming, "70 dollars??!!  for a TRASH CAN???!!!")

but, look, i googled my new can, and it appears that i got a great deal!  now, if costco was actually selling the can for $99.99, i would have walked away.  but, $69.99, for such a stainless steel beauty, i'd be an idiot not to buy one.

at least that's what i told jer when he got home this evening.



1 comment:

Becky said...

Sorry it has been a hard day! The trash can is very nice looking, though I think it is funny to describe a trash can in such a way; after all, it holds trash. Hope tomorrow looks brighter!