Sunday, February 17, 2008

life, liberty, and the pursuit...


i often wonder what profession harrison will choose when he grows up.  i think harrison ottley white is a very presidential name. certainly more so than barak or mitt.  but i digress. 

i'm sure there's no way to really tell where his interests lie at this point...but a mother can dream, right?  he has so many random fascinations!  his most recent obsession is my teeth.  yes, MY teeth!  i can't keep his hands out of my mouth.  and, of course, he thinks it is SO funny to... gingerly touch, probe a little deeper, and out-and-out GRAB my bottom teeth and pull!  

so, i've convinced myself that he's going to be a dentist someday. even better, an orthodontist or oral surgeon! : )  

this theory, however, does not apply to the days when he is obsessed with the garbage can...

and in other interesting news...on harrison's 10-month birthday (valentine's day) he took 19 steps.  and he has not stopped taking steps since.  and he's finally eating solid foods, too.  it's like the kid has been eating solids for months!  ...i am PRAYING that potty training goes this easily!  (for all you seasoned moms who are laughing hysterically right now...i hear you...just let me rest in my ignorant bliss for a while).  : ) 

3 comments:

Dalene said...

Rachel--YOU ARE A GREAT WRITER!!! I love reading your Blog. HEY... my first three potty-trained like a breeze...then there was MR. Man. WHO KNOWS?

Christy said...

Rachel, Thanks for blogging. It is great fun to read yours. I feel connected now. Harrison is adorable and definitely "presidential". That IS the ultimate name test isn't it? "How would it sound as President?" Forest Winston Cook sounded good to us. Maybe he can be Harrison's VP and then run after Harrison has a good couple of terms. (:

Becky said...

I have to tell you girls, Rachel and Christy, that you do have children with very presidential names! All I thought when I read both of your posts/comments is that the last thing I want my children to be is president!!! But I would definitely encourage them to vote for yours!!!